[OU Dems] Fwd: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

John Calhoun johnwilliamcalhoun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:20:28 EDT 2009

Hey Dems,

Here is a forward from Sara Meadows who is organizing the Walk A Mile
program that is happening tomorrow. This email has a lot of good stuff that
you might not have known about the event that is happening tomorrow. Please
take a note of the attachments below with the check list of essentials and
wish list for My Sister's Place. Make sure to come out and support our
walkers!

Good Morning Walkers!
I just wanted to send out a quick reminder about Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
which takes place tomorrow
morning Saturday, October 24th. Registration, for people who have not
registered yet, and check-in
begin at 10:30 AM and the actual walk begins at 11:00 AM. Registration will
take place on the 4th floor
outside of the Women's Center. A couple of things to remember:

Dress: You are more than welcome to wear whatever clothing you are
comfortable in, just as long as
you are wearing women's shoes.

Parents: Parents are more than welcome to participate!!!

Registration: When checking-in, please write down if you are with an
organization or not so that we can
make certificates.

My Sister's Place: We are taking donations for My Sister's Place which is a
women's shelter here in
Athens, OH. They will take monetary donations as well as those listed on the
sheet that is attached.
Please do not feel obliged to bring a donation, this is only if you wish to
do so.

Student Tailgate Lot: The march will end at the student tailgate lot located
next to Peden. We will be
tailgating before the football game so feel free to bring whatever
tailgating items you wish, EXCEPT NO
ALCOHOL! You can also pick up your shoes at the tailgate lot after the march
or carry them with you
during the walk.

Route: There will be maps of the route at registration and we will briefly
go over the route before the
walk begins.

Supporters/Walkers: Please remind all of your friends about the event! If
you have other male friends
that want to participate please bring them along. Don't forget to tell your
lady friends to come out and
support you with signs as well!

We are still walking rain or shine! If you have any other questions please
feel free to contact me. I
greatly appreciate all of your support and effort and I can't wait to see
all of you in your heels tomorrow
morning!!!

Sarah Meadows

--