[UC1000] UC2000: Sophomore Seminar

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:54:14 EDT 2014

Dear Advising Colleagues,

As we prepare to launch into advising season, I want to encourage you to consider UC 2900: Sophomore Seminar for your students as appropriate. This class (formerly taught as Applied Career Development) takes the major/career exploration process to a new level and helps students consider their career aspirations more deeply. I've attached a flier for the course.

I hope you will strongly recommend this class to any freshmen or sophomores you have who are still struggling to find the correct path for themselves or who have been reluctant to engage in the explorative process. Students who have taken this course in the past report that it was extremely helpful in teaching them how to do the research necessary to make good career and life decisions for themselves.

The course is listed as permission only, but UNC professional advisors can write green slips. Adjunct advisors, please reach out to your back-up advisor or to me if you wants to get a student into UC 2900: Sophomore Seminar.

Thank You,

Greg

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University