[UC1000] Bachelor of Specialized Studies: The Degree YOU Design

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:34:01 EDT 2014

Dear University College Students,

As we approach advising for fall semester, I want to take just a moment to make you aware of a truly unique degree program here at Ohio University. Many of you know where you want to go and are very close to declaring a major in one of Ohio University's other undergraduate colleges. Your University College (UNC) advisor will be glad to help you through this transition. Make sure to speak with him/her about it when you meet.

If you are not yet certain which way you want to go for a major or what path might be best for you, I want to encourage you to consider the Bachelor of Specialized Studies (BSS). The BSS is your opportunity at Ohio University to work with faculty and UNC staff to design a degree program that is uniquely your own. BSS students and graduates are doing great things at Ohio University and out in the world. Please check out the attached BSS brochure and speak with your UNC advisor if you would like to learn more about the BSS.

Also, if you have not yet scheduled an appointment to meet with your UNC advisor, I urge you to go ahead and do this. Appointment slots may fill up quickly, so schedule yours soon.

Sincerely,

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University