[UC1000] Opening Day of Advising Season

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 11 16:25:16 EDT 2014

Dear Advising Colleagues,

I'm writing this afternoon because opening day of spring advising season is less than one week away. If you have not already done so, please go ahead and email your UNC advisees about scheduling their advising appointment for fall semester 2014. And remember that you want to meet with each advisee close to their registration date so that you can help them plan the best possible schedule.

Also, when you meet with students, please be sure to make an advisor note using the new online advisor note system. This is an update to the Faculty & Advising Center and is indicated by the small yellow symbol that looks like a piece of paper. If the student does not currently have any advisor notes attached to his/her record, the symbol will have a tiny "+" sign in the bottom corner of the symbol as illustrated in the attached "Advisor Notes Icon" attachment. Simply click on the icon and enter your note. Please review the attached Advisor Notes primer for more information about making good advisor notes and your back-up advisor or me know if you have any questions. Since we are trying to move to a paperless system, we will not be distributing the purple "DARS Contact Form," though I've attached it here for you to use as a reminder of the important topics to cover with each advisee. Please make your advisor notes electronically rather than on paper.

Finally, I want to invite you to attend the spring meeting of the UAAC if your schedule allows. This will be held tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/12) from 2:00PM until 4:00PM in 242 Baker Center. As always, we'll have valuable information to distribute (see attached agenda) and will provide an opportunity for departments to share curricular changes and announcements. As an adjunct advisor, you are not required to attend the UAAC meeting, but we would welcome you to this gathering of the OU Advising Community if you would like to attend.

Sincerely,

Greg

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University