[UC1000] IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT MDIA: Please share with your students ASAP

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 18 18:32:58 EDT 2013

Dear Advising Colleagues,

Yesterday at the Majors Fair, Scripps College of Communications Associate Dean Beth Novak gave me some great news about applying to the School of Media Arts and Studies (MDIA).I need for you to help me spread the word.

Your students need to know that any  student who plans to pursue a major in the School of Media Arts and Studies and who anticipates having fifteen hours of credit earned by the end of the this semester should apply to MDIA this semester. This includes new freshmen and affords a real opportunity to our students. Please get the word out ASAP.

Here are the key points:

 1.  Any interested student who will have fifteen hours earned by the end of fall semester 2013 should apply.
 2.  The 3.0 GPA requirement is still in effect, so students will need to have a B average or better at the end of fall semester.
 3.  MDIA will make provisional admissions during fall semester pending a grade and credit check at the end of the term.
 4.  For students who are provisionally admitted, MDIA will help them get into the necessary majors-only courses.
 5.  The application deadline is 5:00 PM on Friday, 10/11/2013. (The MDIA application deadline is always 5:00PM on the second Friday in October.)
 6.  The transfer application and additional information is available online at http://mediaschool.ohio.edu/transfer.
 7.  Contrary to the information provided online, admission is not limited to 25 students annually.
 8.  MDIA will offer an information workshop. I'll pass along information as soon as I have it.

I am copying Beth on this email and will invite her to add important information I may have missed. Feel free to let Beth or me know if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Greg

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University