[Tribeta-L] Volunteers needed this Friday and beyond

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 16 08:44:11 EST 2010

Dear Tri-beta members,

I need several volunteers for Ohio Up Close starting this Friday.

Every year, OU invites high school seniors who have been admitted by OU to
campus and try to convince them that OU is the right one to choose for their
college.  This event is called Ohio Up Close.  We will host them on three
Fridays this quarter starting on the 19th (this Friday).  The other two will
be on the 26th  and the 12th of March. Three more Ohio Up Close are
scheduled in the next quarter.

The bios department is planning to give them an overview of the bios program
when the arrive at Irvine Hall around 11:15am.  This overview presentation
will end around 11:45am.

Then, we want to show a couple of teaching labs. This tour will end around
12:15pm.  Then, they will come to Irvine 159 for pizza lunch/conversations
with students and faculty.  This lunch period will end by 1pm.

I need several volunteers to come to this lunch/conversation hour.  I want
to ask you to talk about your experience at OU and hopefully convince them
to come to OU.  This is very informal, and you would talk to a small group
of students who share interests with you.  For example, if you are in EEB
(ecology, wildlife, etc), you would talk to students who are interested in
similar fields.

Pizza, pops and water will be provided.  You can have free lunch.  I hope
you to wear Tri-beta T-shirts or OU T-shirts. No OSU and Miami T-shirts!  If
you don't have Tri-beta T-shirts, you would be able to buy one at a
discounted price.  Please contact me or Parker.

Please email me (tanda at ohio.edu) as soon as possible if your are interested
in. The participation in Ohio Up Close would be counted toward your service
requirement.  If you come twice, you would fulfill the requirement.

Thank you very much.

Soichi

******
Soichi Tanda, Ph.D