[Tribeta-L] Volunteer needed on 11/17

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 12 10:30:01 EST 2009

Dear Tri-beta members,

This is a message to students who have some research experience.

I need a few students who can participated in STEM day on 11/17 (Tuesday),
which is a reading (studying for finals) day.  The Biological Science
department will present an overview etc from 10:45 am till 2 pm in 199
Irvine Hall (a big lecture hall).  I would like to include a panel
discussion by you over lunch (free pizzas and pops) between 11:30 am and
1pm.  You may be get out earlier.  We will emphasize research and lab
courses.

STEM Day is a recruitment event specifically for high school students who
are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and
Medicine (STEM).  They usually have some research experience at high school.
It is a great idea to show what you do in a research lab with cool pictures
(PowerPoint show).

I understand that you need to time to study.  But, I would really appreciate
if you can spend your break-time-from-study with prospective students.
Remember you will get free lunch although pizza is not quite healthy....

Please email me (tanda at ohio.edu) if you can help me out by this coming
Sunday.

Many thanks.

Soichi