[Relay-L] relay for life information!

Stevens, Madeleine ms222706 at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 22 12:58:01 EDT 2009

If you have decided to not participate in Relay this year, please disregard this message. It is for our new committee members as well as our team participants that attended our first meeting. Thanks!

TEAM PARTICIPANTS:
Get excited to kick this awesome year of fundraising off! Our VPs of Team Outreach, Morgan Dominique and Kim Kohlhepp are ready to being working with you on starting a team and/or getting on a team. Please email them at ourelay.teamoutreach at gmail.com with your name. They will be contacting you from there to plan a meeting time where you will be given information about beginning this year's Relay journey. Thanks for helping us out! You do not need to attend our committee meetings as they will be holding separate ones with you.

COMMITTEE:
I promised I would send out a list of the committees again so you can choose which you'd like to work with. Remember: you must have your committee chosen by this upcoming Monday's meeting at 9 pm in Bentley 132!

-Sponsorship: obtaining donations from Court Street businesses that are used in the funding of our event.
-Entertainment: developing a schedule of entertaining events for the event i.e. games, music, singers, bands, dancers, contests, etc.
-Food & Beverage: getting food donations for various events throughout the year as well as Relay.
-Public Relations: publicizing our event i.e. chalking sidewalks, contacting local media, painting the graffitti wall, making fliers, etc.
-Team Recruitment: getting and keeping teams involved so they can raise money throughout the year
-Survivorship: involving local survivors throughout the year and working with the service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, to plan the Opening Ceremony and planning the survivor dinner we host at Relay.

*We also need people to become committee heads for Survivorship and Entertainment. This entails delegating tasks to the rest of your sub-committee and making sure everything runs smoothly as well as working closely with the presidents. Anyone is able to do this, so if you're interested please type up a quick email explaining why you would be good for the job.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! Katie and I are SO READY to kick this year off!

<3 Maddie