[Relay-L] TEAM RECRUITMENT!

Madeleine M. Stevens ms222706 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:23:55 EST 2009

okay, so i told you that we would get you ladies the contacts for your
respective organizations, and here you go! when you speak to/email these
people, let them know you are on the team recruitment committee of the relay
planning committee and that you hope to interest them in putting a team
together for our event on MAY 29. they dont need a certain amount of ppl, just
to raise money and have fun! there will be team captain's meetings that they
will need to attend but ONLY ONE. we have packets of info for them too, so
they arent flying blindly. let me know if u have any other questions! THANKS!

Brittany - you've already taken care of Res Life i think, but could you please
send us an update on this?

Makenna - Greek Life & Club Sports: I think you know who to talk to for these,
so just let us know if you are still up for getting that together.

Courtney - Varsity Sports: Jim Schaus is the Director of Athletics and his
email is schaus at ohio.edu and his number is 740 593 0982. Try him first, and if
there is no answer or response or anything, here is the website i got his
number from so just go down the line and see what the rest of the people can
do for you. http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/staffdir/ohio-staffdir.html

Lindsay - Faculty: we talked about sending emails to all of the departments,
but in my journeys through OU's website to find you a contact i've found that
not only does OU have departments as subsets of the university itself, but
also schools and colleges. like, there's the school of accounting, the college
of business, the ROTC department, etc. I also found that it's hard and time
consuming to find emails for all of these. so on that note, i thought that
maybe we could run an add in the post for like a week saying that there will
be an informational meeting for professors/directors of these thingies who are
interested in getting a team started for their fellow faculty members. then we
can set up a powerpoint/what not for them. what do you think?

Kim- Academic Frats: we will just have to use the contacts from the master
list of organizations.

Brianna - Ping: you need to speak with Brad Whitaker and his email is
whittake at ohio.edu.

THANKS EVERYONE! let's get this done within the next week or so! yay us!

Madeleine Stevens
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Public Relations Major
Relay for Life