[Relay-L] Minutes from 1/6

Katie Schroeder ks308607 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 7 21:39:21 EST 2009

Hi guys!

Here are the minutes from last night's meeting.

PR:
Maddie is going to reprint those flyers for Kickoff. If you ladies could deliver
them to Hungry Howies, DP Dough Dough, and Dominoes by tomorrow or Friday, that
would be awesome! Also, if one of you can send out a mass message to our
Facebook group about Kickoff. See if someone can get a hold of The Post to put a
little blurb about the kickoff as well.

Survivorship:
Just continue looking into different restaurants to donate our survivor dinner.
 Abrios was an idea, or we can use Purple Chopsticks again.  It's up to you girls.

Food and Bev:
Audra is going to be following through to try to get Pizza Rolls donated for the
day of Relay.  Other than that, just keep on pricing different foods and seeing
who will be willing to donate what.

Entertainment:
Just focus on confirming everyone for your tentative time slots.  Morgan should
have talked to you all about dividing and conquering this task.  Also, continue
working with Ping to see if you can get some people to do fitness classes.  We
said a jazzercise class at like 2am and a yoga class around 7 or 8.  Talk
amongst yourselves and just git r done! <3

Sponsorship:
We're going to be meeting at 2pm at College Gate on Tues the 13th to reapproach
the businesses uptown that literature was dropped off to last quarter.  Also,
we're going to be starting the bookstore (and bdubs) challenge soon.  The sooner
we get those out, the more money we will make!  Another thing that Lori, the
sponsorship chair, wants to focus on is to get organizations to sponsor us.
That is an excellent idea.  You don't have to be on this committee to help get
people to sponsor Relay.  If you are a part of any organization, please approach
them with this idea!

Team Recruitment:
We stayed long after everyone left to brainstorm how we want to recruit teams.
What we decided on was to give each member of the committee a group to focus on.
 Courtney is going to focus on recruiting varsity sports.  Lindsay is taking
faculty.  Brittany has ResLife.  Makenna gets Greek Life and club sports.
Briana has Ping and Kim is taking on the academic frats.  We're also going to
try something new this year.  What we are going to do is make a "waiting list."
The point of this is to take all the people who want to have a team but don't
have enough people.  We will compile a list and give all those miscellaneous
people a chance to form a team together.

If starting next week, everyone can stand up in their classes and do about a 30
sec elevator speech to promote kickoff, that would be awesome!  We're also going
to be passing out flyers outside of 4th floor Baker on Friday the 16th from 11-4.

And on Feb 6th, we're going to have a table on the first floor of Baker that
will allow people to sign up their team.  We'll talk about that more on
Tuesday...but if anyone is interested to work that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, remember to sign up for our Relay team online and don't forget to raise
some money.  I know we have a lot on our plates, but we do want to set a good
example for the other teams!

Alright guys.  Good luck with the rest of your week and have a fun/safe weekend.
 We'll see you next Tuesday at 8pm in Baker 512.

Thank you all so much for all of your hard work.  It's a pain now, but trust
me...come May 29th, it will all be worth it!

Love you all!

-katie