[Recclub-l] FW: Welcome to OU REC Club

Hall, Dustin dh226807 at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 9 22:54:13 EDT 2010

________________________________
From: Hall, Dustin
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:17 PM
To: Gunter, Crystal
Subject: Welcome to OU REC Club

 Good evening Rec Club,

Welcome to Ohio University's Recreation Club, more commonly referred to as OU Rec Club. This will be a rather lengthy e-mail but it will include everything you need to know about the upcoming weeks of OU REC Club. First and foremost, I must apologize about the chaos with room switching on Monday night. We were not expecting that many students. But, we are super excited that all of you are interested in our club and we look forward to participating in several recreation activities with you. Alright, so our upcoming activities:

1) Night Hike at the RIDGES - We will be meeting in front of Ping (underneath the weird overhang thingy) at 7:30. We will be departing for the ridges no later than 7:45. We will be having a fire up at the ridges and will be roasting s'mores provided by Rec Club. This is a BYOB event. Keep in mind that we ARE STILL ON OU PROPERTY, so alcohol may not be the best beverage, because I'm sure we will encounter OUPD. The event does not necessarily have an end time, it depends how long everyone wants to hike.

2) Football Game on Saturday night - If you are interested in going to the game with me and other Rec Club members, we will be meeting on the sidewalk between Grover and Walter Hall at 5:00 PM. Then we will be heading to the Bobcat Student Park and then enter into Peden to watch the game.

3) Meeting - Our next meeting will be Monday night at 8:00 PM. We will meet at the couches in Grover once again and head back out to Punchcard Park (same place outside as last time) where we will play yet another exciting game (different from Toilet Tag). Then we will go to our classroom and begin the meeting.

***Please do not forget your dues. They are $10 dollars for the quarter or $20 for the year. I will collect money before the hike Friday, but NOT on Saturday. Also, bring your T-shirt designs and enter to win a free T-shirt.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again. I will see you at the hike tomorrow night.

Thanks for reading all of this,

Dustin Hall
OU REC Club President