[OUWC] Winter break workouts

Hipp, Lexi ah661711 at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 14 01:17:25 EST 2015

Howdy ya'll

Now that finals are over and most everyone is home for break our workouts are starting again! Yay!

Ok this email just has workouts for this week and it's a little dense but read to the end for a special Christmas picture of yours truly.

I'll be working on the workouts for the rest of break and sending them out later this week for you guys. I'm also going to send out a link to a google survey because I realize that not everyone has ergs readily available to them at home so I want to get a better idea about the kind of workout equipment you guys have available to you and that will help me in writing the rest of the workouts for break.

I'm writing this week like it would be a normal week in Ping with our lifting cycle. If you have access to weights, I encourage you to continue our lifting cycle. If you don't then there are alternative body or ab circuits you can do instead on the lifting days.

Monday, December 14th

Erg workout

- 10x1min at 26/30 sec. easy (Twice)

    - Row ten 1 minute pieces with your stroke rate at 26. Row for 30 seconds with light pressure in between each one.

    - DO THIS TWICE!

Lifting

Day I, Week IV

Squats, 3x15 (these should really, really suck)

Leg press, 5x5 (Heavy)
Leg extension, 4x10
Hamstring Curls, 5x12

Body circuit

Leg day

- Do this 5 times

Tuesday, December 15th

Erg workout

- 3x2000m/2 mins. easy

    - Row three 2000 meter pieces and row for two minutes at light pressure in between each 2000.

    - This should be a sprint, push it and really go all out

Body Circuit

King of the Hill

- Do this 3 times

Wednesday, December 16th

45 minutes of cardio

- Running, biking, swimming, dancing whatever you like to do for your cardio!

Ab workout

Ironclad Abs

- Do this 4 times

Thursday, December 17th

Erg workout

- 3x4000m rate change 26-28/5 min easy

    - Row three 4000 pieces and for each piece change your stroke rate every 1000 meters. The first 1000 at a 26, the second 1000 at a 28, the third 1000 at 26 and the fourth 1000 at 28. Row for five minutes of light pressure in between each 4000.

Lifting

Day II, Week IV

Bench press, 3x8
Rear Delt Flies, 3x15

Face Pulls, 3x8
Low Cable Rows, 3x8

Lunges, 3x10 (per leg)

Body Circuit

Paladin

- Go through this 5 times

Friday, December 18th

Erg workout

- 4x10 min/4 mins. easy

    - Row four 10 minute pieces and row for 4 minutes at light pressure in between each one.

    - Keep stroke rate between 26-28. Focus on form and breathing. Sit up straight and really use your legs for this one.

Ab circuit

Good morning, abs

- Do this 4 times

All of the circuits are attached to the email and the video links for the lifts are at the bottom of this email. If you have any questions about any of the workouts, please let me know! You can email, text, or call me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner.

I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing break! Keep up with the workouts and you'll thank yourself next semester [&#X1f609]

Lifting Video Links

Squats –

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/barbell-squat

Leg Press-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/leg-press

Leg Extensions-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/leg-extensions

Leg Curls/Hamstring Curls-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/v iew/name/seated-leg-curl

Bench Press-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/barbell-bench-press-medium-grip

Face Pull-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/face-pull

Low Cable Rows-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/seated-cable-rows

Lunges-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/vi ew/name/dumbbell-lunges

 Please enjoy this picture of me as the cutest baby Santa you've ever seen [&#X1f61d]

 [cid:dd081e4a-7555-4b9a-8604-ee4fae409bb0]

Lexi Hipp
University College
Bachelors of Specialized Studies
Ohio University Class of 2017