[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #3

Dusti Chapman dchapman91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:17:42 EDT 2018

EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #3

Question:

*In what manner do self-efficacy and collective efficacy exist and not
exist in your school. Please explain the basis of your response.*

Self-efficacy caught my eye first so I would like to start there. I felt
like there were only a few teachers who were strongly motivated and goal
driven individuals. Not a lot of efforts were shown, but there were a few
that really stood out to me who went above and beyond. These few were
leaders (to many anyways) who had the abilities to organize and execute
course of actions needed. Sadly, the principal did not seem to have high
self-efficacy nor did she seem to care about the future of levels of
performance. However, the vice principal was wonderful and full of
self-efficacy. I fully believe if she was the principal the school would be
highly motivated. In the end, self-efficacy was seen in the minority.

Which leads me to collective efficacy. Collective efficacy did not exist as
a whole in the school, hence the name collective. The minority, I do
believe, held the belief that their efforts impacted the effects on
students. However, it needs to be everyone pushing this vision. In order to
reach success, the faculty has to come together. Turmoil only hinders this
goal. As I have mentioned in other previous posts, the faculty meetings
were heated debates and never meetings of motivation and coming together.
The few teachers that had motivated, efforts and efficacy are holding the
school together. There may not be a lot of hope, but there is a little. I
strongly believe those teachers will not give up.