[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer the Question #3

Ian Snyder isnyder at minfordfalcons.net
Wed Jun 20 19:40:11 EDT 2018

As an administrator it is important to understand the barriers I might due
to my personality traits and characteristics. Bringing these barriers to
awareness will better help to prepare myself to be a successful
administrator.

            A task oriented barrier I might face is my patience. When I
understand a task that needs to be completed and I believe I have a path to
completion I tend to jump at the task without waiting to see the problem
unfold or wait for others opinions. I like to solve problems as they arise
so that they do not escalade into a bigger issue. I care about others
opinions but I often react first. With better patience I would be able to
gather outside opinions before letting my actions take place.

            As for barriers within the realm of relations, I do not work
well with those that do not put forth effort. When working in a group/team,
I like for each member to put forth their input and collaborate within the
group. If I’m working with a group of people and they do not seem to
contribute their fair share I find myself blocking them out and not
including them as a part of the group. As an administrator is it important
to not let any member feel neglected or separated from the rest of the
team. It would be my job to identify strong traits from each member so that
they will feel a part of the team and contribute the best that they can.

            There are always barriers when it comes to change as many
people avoid change at all cost. I tend to enjoy change as it creates new
opportunities and changes the norm of the daily routine. As an
administrator incorporating changes are most highly effective when there is
a positive relationship between staff members. When staff members respect
their boss, in this case and administrator, they are more likely to accept
the changes put in place.

            Being a successful administrator takes self-awareness and
understanding the challenges that will arise in the near future. The better
understanding that one has the better they will be prepared when difficult
times occur.