[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Answer for Question #3, Tony Gillman

Saretta Jackson sjackson at southpoint.k12.oh.us
Fri Jun 22 21:21:37 EDT 2018

Tony,
I am impressed that you used the T-P leadership activity to assess the
barriers that you might face.  Using that activity never occurred to me!  I
appreciate your ability to lead "less by barking" and more by encouraging.
Being a person who has a tendency to wear her heart on her sleeve,  I can
assure you that the best way to get production out of a person like me is
less barking and more encouraging.
  I think it is very introspective of you to see that you may need to
remember that others may be struggling. I think, far too often, when some
are in a leadership/management role, they get lost in the "stuff" of their
day to day job and forget that the people that work for and with them may
be struggling.
 I listed my barrier with change as the fear of the change in and of
itself.  I find it very interesting that you noted the implementation of
and the follow through of that change to be your barrier.  I enjoy seeing
the different ways in which we all see our barriers.