[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer to Question # 3

Samantha Howell samantha.howell at vc-k12.us
Thu Jun 21 21:50:24 EDT 2018

Thinking as an administrator, I feel there will be many challenges to face
to get tasks comp-eted and stay relations-oriented at the same time. As a
feeler, I feel like I will be relations-oriented and this will come natural
to me. A barrier I will face as an administrator will be to stay
task-oriented and to take data analysis over relations with the
staff/students/etc. I think this will involve staying really organized and
sticking to a very strict schedule. One of my attributes is that I am very
flexible and administrators also need to be very flexible and realize that
you can't always stick to every detail of your schedule or routine because
situations do arise.

Another barrier to be relations-oriented will be to figure out the balance
between accomplishing your goals or tasks in a timely manner and still
being relations-oriented. You have to  learn to manage your time and
routines to be task-oriented and still be able to take the time to nurture
the relationships in your school between staff/yourself/ and students. We
can do this through TBT meetings and subjects level meetings as well as
Subject level  meetings.

Things are always changing and advances being made. In education, we have
to be willing to change our instructional practices and be flexible to
change. After researching about Warner Burke, change comes from the
top-down. As an administrator, we will have to follow through with changes
and make our staff motivated and be willing to go through with those
changes that were implemented.