[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020 Response to Answer Question #2

danielle.ramage danielle.ramage at vc-k12.us
Tue Jun 19 22:43:05 EDT 2018

Amanda,
Your principal having, " an open line of communication,
flexible, encouraging, and supportive" certainly has the makings of having a great working relationship with them. I too have a principal that is very open, easy to communicate with, and encouraging. I can even go to her to sound off new ideas for instruction, ways to really engage certain students (perhaps the ones that may frequent her office) and she is always willing to share insight or pose some other considerations for me to ponder. This type of leadership is certainly very helpful in a job setting that has the makings to be overly stressful and difficult. It sounds like we are lucky gals to have such good leadership in our buildings.
I enjoyed reading about the leadership style in your building.:) Danielle

-------- Original message --------From: Amanda Luttrell <amanda.luttrell at redstreaks.org> Date: 6/14/18  11:14 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: ous-lp-rp13 at listserv.ohio.edu Subject: [Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020 Answer to Question #2

          My school most closely resembles the professional
organizational structure. Although the professional structure is complex with many
rules and procedures, the staff is able to have independence and hold some
power. I feel that our principal views his staff as highly trained
professionals who have autonomy and considerable power to keep the “machine
structure” running. We are able to run our classroom the way we want in a
professional manner. Our principal keeps an open line of communication,
flexible, encouraging, and supportive. In addition, my school also resembles
the Weberian bureaucracy structure. Everyone has a role and is expected to do
what they are supposed to do in order for the organization to run smoothly and
effectively.

            The
organizational structure that my school least resemble is the chaotic structure
and loosely coupled. Our district is usually consistent with their rules and
regulations for the district as a whole in ensuring compliance, rather than
having rules exist at one location and only inspect to ensure compliance at one
of them.

--
Amanda LuttrellZahn's Corner Middle SchoolSixth Grade Language Arts