[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Question # 2

Sylvia, Molly msylvia at greenbobcats.org
Fri Jun 15 10:04:56 EDT 2018

Dustin,

I appreciated reading your response because as your examined the traits,
you considered your strengths and weaknesses within each. I alluded to this
in my response, that we possess these traits to varying degrees and your
writing helps me confirm that this is true. I found it interesting that you
mentioned your wife when discussing stress-tolerance. I thought of the same
thing, how I get short with my family and they can easily tell I am
stressed by my tone and one word responses. I respond to stress differently
with my coworkers and believe I may respond differently as an
administrator, too. At work, I hide my stress quite effectively, as these
people are not closest to me and the introvert in me wants to remain
elusive. At work, I try to watch my tone and attempt to respond to others
cautiously, with more patience than I show at home. I wonder if you
experience the same, that your stress exemplifies itself differently at
work than at home.

Your response also reminded me just how beneficial the internship portion
of this program will be in helping us learn the skills of administration.
I'm thankful to work for a principal who is strong in both managerial and
leadership skills. So, I look forward to gleaning from his knowledge and
expertise when it comes to technical and cognitive skills, especially. It
is certainly and ever changing world that will require a lot of on-the-job
training and continued mentorship even after we leave this program. The
question "why" is so pertinent to our work. It falls deeply into the
symbolic perceptual lense, as we look for meaning throughout our managerial
and leadership tasks. The "why" can continue to give us drive and mission
in our work as we struggle with difficult situations, troublesome people,
and the complexity of politics. Additionally, I look forward to utilizing
the relationships we're building in this program to help us with these
skills in the future.

~Molly

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Dustin Tyler <dustin.tyler at ccsd.us> wrote:

> The personality traits are relatively stable dispositions to behave in a
> particular way.  I focused on the most important five traits and zeroed
> in on my specific deficits associated with effective leadership when
> reflecting upon myself.  The five personality traits are self-confidence,
> stress tolerance, emotional maturity, integrity, and extroversion.

Self- confidence is defined as a feeling of trust in one's abilities,

*Molly Sylvia*
*7th/8th Grade Social Studies Teacher*
*Jr. High Quiz Bowl Advisor*
*Youth in Government Advisor*