[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #2

Ian Snyder isnyder at minfordfalcons.net
Wed Jun 13 23:28:52 EDT 2018

The school system I am apart of is primarily a professional structure. Our
administration is treated as an oversight while delegating most of the
daily decision making to the teachers. We conduct our own TBT meeting
weekly and turn in our meeting agenda to the building administrator. The
administration involves the teachers when making decisions and we have
groups to negotiate and create a plan of action for processes such as
behavior, incentives, and testing schedules. Instead of taking on the role
of an authoritarian my building principal treats the staff like the trained
professionals that they are and involves their input.

            The structure that we are least alike is the authoritarian
structure. Very few times have I felt as if my administration has made a
decision without consulting the staff and gathered input from others before
making a decision. Our administration treats the “little guy” with equal
voice With an authoritarian structure the leader would have a vision in
mind and not stray from that vision with influence from somebody lower than
them.