[Ous-lp-rp13] Intersections

Matney, Mary mm933108 at ohio.edu
Tue Jun 12 15:14:34 EDT 2018

Intersections for Today:

Mary Matney

Danielle Ramage

Samantha Howell

-Types of leadership can intersect with the personality types.

-Managers would be more nomothetic, and Leaders would be more Idiographic.

-Transformational Leaders à natural system/idiographic organizational systems

-Transactional Leaders (Managers) à rational system/nomothetic organizational systems

-Transactional Leadership: Active Management & Transformational Leadership: Intellectual Stimulation intersect in that these types of administrators are constantly seeking a problem to fix.

-Open systems intersect with idiographic because goals are changing based on the needs of the stakeholders.

-Concerning the Perceptual Lenses, we can make connections between the transactional leadership styles with structural and political aspects, and between transformational leadership styles with human resources & symbolic. In order to find the balance as an administrator, we are understanding more that one must use strategies from both transactional & transformational leadership styles.

-It’s important to make these intersections to realize how everything concerning administration plays together in the big picture of how you can be an effective administrator.