[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #1

Samantha Howell samantha.howell at vc-k12.us
Fri Jun 8 16:01:27 EDT 2018

Rational Systems are groups that have one common goal in mind. An example
of this in my school is the Ohio State Standards that we follow and the
Standardized testing. In this type of system, everything runs on a schedule
at the same time every day. Examples: cafeteria: breakfast and lunch times,
Bus Drivers: Students arrive and leave and the same time everyday, and even
the school custodians schedule is always the same as well as their duties.

The Natural system is the opposite, everyone may not have the same goal in
mind. An example of this system in my school would be the teachers. If you
teach different grades, your standards are going to be different as well as
your schedule and the teaching strategies that you are using. Grade level
meet together in TBT (Teacher Based Teams) meetings to discuss teaching
strategies and the standards they are addressing but this differs with each
grade level.

Open Social Systems allow flexibility among the groups involved. It takes
into account social aspects of the groups and allows schedules to change.
This would include the schools entire staff as well as the surrounding
communities. With this many groups involved, there would most likely be
different goals in this system.