[Ous-lp-rp13] Follow-up

Larson, William larsonw at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 6 15:39:13 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone!

I hope that you are having a pleasant day today.

Nancy and I actually were able to sleep last night. I do not think that I had much, if any, sleep on Monday night with Sarah's accident. She Face-Timed X-Rays of her ankle to us this morning. Her ankle and connecting bones have a gob of pins and screws in them. Though, Sarah has expressed feeling much better now that bones are back in order. Though she appears to still be in pain. Regardless, I doubt that I was myself yesterday, having had so little sleep the night before. Your patience and understanding were greatly appreciated.

Please bring a tablet or a laptop with you to class tomorrow. It will be needed. You would also be served to bring a copy of the Hoy and Miskel text with you, if you have one.

My reaction to your class participation yesterday was positive. You seemed to be a respectful, thoughtful, and insightful group of students. I suspect that I am going to learn as much from you, as you are going to learn from me. You appeared to catch on very quickly. Though, you are far better than I am, if you grasped everything that was addressed.

I hope that you will give particularly careful consideration to:

·         The document regarding the significant aspects of educational administration as proposed Bolman and Deal, which were distributed in class.

o   The ingredients of the Venn Diagram capture well the essence of administration.

o   You may have been surprised regarding the ingredients.

§  When I pursuing a principal's license, law was my favorite subject.

§  While an understanding of the law is important, it pales in comparison the ingredients of the Venn Diagram.

·         Providing candid feedback on the Debriefing Form.

·         The request that you sit and interact with all of the members of the cohort.

·         The EDAD 6010 and EDAD 6020 assignments.

o   If you have questions, please notify me.

o   Short answers and responses, with substantive contents, are preferred.

o   Of the utmost importance is that you label accurately your answers and responses.

o   If you are concerned that the listserv answers and responses are going to overload your email account, you might switch to your university address.

§  However, you will need to notify Robin to remove the existing address and  add the university address.

·         Bill's four primary ingredients of the program, which are:

o   Listening

o   Critical analysis

o   Speaking

o   Writing

You will find attached a revised agenda for tomorrow. Please have access to the agenda at that time.

Until then, Bill