[Ocees] Upcoming Events
roosenbu at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 12 10:47:09 EST 2018
OCEES upcoming events
1) Tuesday, February 13th Irvine 159, BSGS Seminar Series. Zakee Sabree Department of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology Ohio State University. Insect-Bacterial Symbioses or The Consequences of Intimacy
2) Wednesday February 14th 11:50 Irvine 159, OCEES Ecolunch Anthony Gilbert, Biological Sciences. Thermal ecology of Urosaurus ornatus.
3) Friday February 2nd 11:50 Porter 104 PBIO Seminar. Jared Westbrook, Director of Science at the American Chestnut Foundation. Restoration of American Chestnut: A Marriage of Breeding and Biotechnology
4) Wednesday February 21st 11:50 Irvine 159, OCEES Ecolunch. Don Cerio. Biological Sciences. Eyes, orbits, and visual fields: soft-tissue reconstruction in dinosaurs and their relatives.
5) Registration for Student Research Expo is open. Due to the overwhelming number of students last year there are rumors of a cap in the number of posters that will be accepted this year. Take home message is to have your students register ASAP to make sure they get a slot. More info and registration material at www.ohio.edu/studentexpo<https://ohio.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=db16a123a2bbcb0732e1b3a8a&id=00f1af915f&e=fdee6bec2e>. Registration ends on February 28th.
6) Shawn Kuchta is the new assistant director OCEES unanimously approved by the board. Duties to begin 1 July 2018. Congrats!
Willem M Roosenburg
Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies
Department of Biological Sciences
247 Life Sciences Building
Athens, Ohio 45701
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of
--Sir Winston Churchill
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OCEES