[Ocees] Zakee Sabree Meeting

Thompson, Cassandra ct824310 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:15:03 EST 2018

Hello all,

Just as a reminder, BSGS will be welcoming Dr. Zakee Sabree on Tuesday, February 13 at 4:00 PM in Irvine 159 titled “Insect-Bacterial Symbioses or The Consequences of Intimacy.”

Dr. Sabree is “fundamentally interested in how different animal species collaborate to improve their overall fitness. His research program focuses on mutualisms between microbes and their eukaryotic hosts, primarily in nonmodel systems, towards identifying key adaptive features conferred upon hosts by their microbial partners and the evolutionary consequences of these relationships. Major goals of his lab efforts are to link specific bacterial species to beneficial host outcomes, determine if shared digestive anatomy and physiology observed between deeply diverged animals is evidence of convergent evolution driven by microbial symbionts and develop useful approaches for identifying consequential linkages between hosts and their microbiota.”

We will be having a graduate pizza lunch from 12 – 1 in LSB 103. If anyone is interested in meeting with Zakee, he will be available 9:30-10, 11-12, 1-1:30, and 2-4. Please email me with a preferred time and location if you would like to meet.

Cheers,
Cassie Thompson

--
Cassandra M. Thompson