[Newman-l] IMPORTANT LENT INFO

Lanning, Paige pl698611 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 8 18:20:03 EST 2016

Hello Newmaners!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! Here are the announcements for this week!

Monday: Please note that women's bible study has been moved this week to TOMORROW (Tuesday) evening.

Tuesday: The rosary will now be prayed at 7:00 in the chapel. Women's bible study will meet at 8:00 in the library, and Theology Tuesday will meet at 8:00 in the Knights of Columbus Room

Wednesday: Ash Wednesday! A schedule of all the mass times can be found on the parish website (athenscatholic.org). There will be dinner and our weekly meeting following the 5:30 mass Wednesday evening. The meeting should begin around normal time depending on what time mass lets out.

*Reminder* Starting on Wednesday we will be starting out OU Lenten Challenge! Each week we will be having a different challenge to reflect on for the week. Beginning on Wednesday and running through next week to the 21st, our first challenge is a beverage fast. We challenge you to abstain from any beverage other than water for the week and a half, and encourage you to donate any money that you would have regularly spent on drinks for the week. Please see our Facebook page this week for more details.

Thursday: Holy Hour of Adoration will be from 6-7 at Christ the King

Friday: Parish fish fry's begin this Friday! The fish fry will run from 4:30-7 at the Holy Family Center. There will be stations of the cross beginning at 7:00

That's it for the announcements, have a great week!

Paige Lanning
OU Catholics PRChair