[Newman-l] Newman News, Week 14

Soellner, Kaylee ks145610 at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 13 16:06:12 EDT 2015

Hi Newmaners!

[cid:5153d48e-539c-432e-a339-9336a007a468]

Here's what's going on this week!

Ladies for the Lord is Monday (tonight)! It will be a really interesting presentation from the Pregnancy Resource Center here in Athens! It will be at the Holy Family Center at 7:30. Contact Maria or Paige for details!

Tuesday (tomorrow) is our Insomnia Cookies fundraiser! Just make a delicious purchase between 12PM and 3AM and 5% of all sales will go to Newman!

Tuesday (tomorrow) there will be a Catholic women's Bible Study, focusing on how to be courageous and strong daughters of the King! It will be from 5-6 or 6:30 at the Holy Family Center. Contact Kaylee if you have any questions!!

Come join in praying the Rosary on Tuesdays at 8:30 at St. Paul's!

For Ladies Only is Wednesday from 2-3 with the Sisters at the Holy Family Center! We will be learning about Natural Family Planning, the Creighton Model.

Wednesday night is our weekly Newman meeting! All of the following events will take place at Christ the King and the Holy Family Center.
    Mass is at 5:15
    Dinner is at 6:00
    Newman meeting is at 7:15

Every Friday the Divine Mercy Chaplet is prayed at St. Paul's at 3PM! (We learned about this on retreat and last meeting--come try it out!!)

Spring Formal is this Saturday, April 18! The theme is "Night with the Stars", or Hollywood themed! Doors open at 6:30, dinner is served at 7:00, and then there will be dancing and festivities until 11:30! Sign up and bring your $10 to this Newman meeting!

Athens Beautification day is this Sunday, April 19! Talk to Genevieve after the meeting if you want to participate or have any questions.

Wednesday, April 22 is our B-Dubs fundraiser. Get ready to demolish some wings for a good cause! We'll hear more details at the meeting this week.

Race for a Reason is April 25! Make sure you sign up to participate and are asking your family and friends to donate! We are raising money to pay for all the wonderful things that Newman does, like retreats and other events! We will be having a letter writing party after the Newman meeting this week, so bring addresses of people you can send letters to. Here is the link to sign up for one of the races or events: http://www.imathlete.com/donate/NewmanCatholicCommunity2015?z=1426470320855

Participate in the final Twitter competition of the year! For the last Newman meeting, tweet your favorite Newman moment or memory. Make sure you tag @OhioNewman, and get your tweet in by 5PM on April 22!

Share the love of Christ with someone this week!