[Newman-l] Week 8-Presidential Election

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 15 13:25:13 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

This Wednesday at 7:15 PM at the Parish Center, we will be having a meeting on the Presidential Election! It will be very informational and exciting. So get ready to have a good time!  Here are future announcements:

-RENT A NEWMANER IS STARTING THIS WEEK! TODAY we will be doing yard work for a parishioner at 4:00 PM.  Plan on spending 2 or 3 hours working.  We could use all the help we can! So if you are available or interested, please contact Megan (email: mn175810 at ohio.edu or phone number: 330-631-7044). Rides will be provided.

-TONIGHT there will be a Retreat planning meeting at the PC at 9:00 PM.

-Tomorrow (Tuesday), Guys for God will be taking place at the PC at 8:00 PM. Contact Ryan if you have any questions.

-Tomorrow (Tuesday), the statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be arriving in Athens! There will be two different celebrations.  The first will begin at 10:00 AM at St. Paul (the corner of Mill St. and College St.).  The second one will begin at 5:15 PM at Christ the King. It is a really special experience that the statue will be here, so please attend and share that experience with others! It has been to over 100 countries and has many miracles associated with it.  If you can't stay for the entire celebration, please try to at least stay for part of it.  It would definitely be worth it! Here is the full schedule:

St. Paul:
10:00 AM Assemble at the entrance of St. Paul
10:15 AM Procession/Crowning
10:30 AM Presentation
10:45 AM Exposition of Holy Eucharist and Confessions
11:45 AM Rosary
12:00 PM Mass
12:45 PM Soup Lunch

Christ the King:
5:15 PM Assemble in front of the Parish Center
5:30 PM Procession/Crowning
5:45 PM Presentation
6:00 PM Rosary
6:15 PM Mass
6:45 PM Reception

-Wednesday, there will be a Mass at Christ the King Parish Center at 5:15 PM.  There will be a free dinner provided afterwards.

-There will be a Ladies for the Lord meeting on Thursday.  The time and place is not yet confirmed.  There will be an update on the meeting soon.  Contact Lauren if you have any questions.

-DON'T FORGET! If you signed up for a t-shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, etc. and you would still like to purchase one, then bring money on Wednesday and give it to Nancy.  If you want to purchase one and you were not on the list, contact Nancy and she will give you information about it.

-Next Saturday (October 20th), we will be raking leaves at a parishioner's house at 8:00 AM.  This is a great way to reach out in the community and help Newman fund raise at the same time.  Rides will be provided.  Contact Megan to let her know if you are available or interested!

-Next Sunday (October 21st), a group of us will be going to Columbus to a Latin Mass.  Rides will be provided and we will meet at the PC at 7:00 AM. We will be back no later than 2:00 PM.  Later that day, there will be a party for Father Pat at the PC. So please come and show your support!

-SAVE THE DATE! Retreat will be taken place on November 16th, 17th, and 18th. More details will be given at a later date.

That should be all for now!! Have a good rest of the week everyone!

AMDG,

Lindsey Scott
Publicity Chair