[Newman-l] Athens County Food Pantry Donations

Miles, Cara cm258507 at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 13 19:50:21 EST 2012

Hello, my fellow Newmanners!!

As many of you man know, Athens County is actually one of the poorest counties in the country.  Yes, the entire country.  Newman members, as well as many passionate students from the university, give their precious time and resources trying to help the county we all call home.  Though we all know that helping others is something that should be done ALL through the year, we also know that it is especially nice to help during this season.

One of my classes is doing a project and collecting as much as we can for the Athens County Food Pantry.  We have less than about a week to complete our collection; we will be dropping it all off next Tuesday before Thanksgiving break. Though we are on a bit of a time crunch, I am truly happy for the opportunity to bring these two worlds of mine together as I ask for your help.

We are ALL called to give of ourselves. I hope you all can help me in collecting any non-perishable food items for the Athens County Food Pantry.  Whether you just bring one item from your room on your way to the Newman meeting tomorrow, or go to the market and spend an extra meal or two for the cause I will be very thankful!  If you are unable to bring anything tomorrow, I will also be leaving the box at the PC until next Monday for collections.  Of course, if you do not have the means to help donate, I certainly do ask for any prayers for those who depend on the pantry for some of their needs.

Thank you in advance for any and everything. :)
AMDG!

Cara

~James 2:15-17 "If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill," and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead."~

PS- Please let me know if you have any questions: cm250507 at ohio.edu / 614-312-8863
God Bless!