[Newman-l] Good Works Work Retret

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 20 17:20:35 EDT 2011

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing Spring Break so far :) I am contacting you because I have scheduled us to do a one day work retreat out at the Good Works property on April 9th.  I wanted to send an email out over break so that everyone has a heads up since the Saturday we will be working out there is the Saturday after week two.  I will have Volunteer Release forms at the first meeting, at mass, and basically any time I will see you guys.  So, you may be wondering what a work retreat is.  Well, we will provide Good Works with help in the care of their properties. You may be involved with yardwork, painting, gardening, construction, wood splitting and other projects associated with the upkeep of the facilities and grounds at Good Works. Pretty much it's a good time with friends while giving back to the organization that does so much for others. We did this before and I know all of us loved it. Basically there are three different opportunities that we are offering for times you can work.

     *   8:30am - 12:00noon
     *   noon - 4:00pm
     *   8:30am to 4:00pm with a lunch break

I am talking with Paul now about how many he will need for each time slot so be thinking of which one you would like to help out with!

Thanks guys!

Olivia Pokas
Ohio University | Communication Science and Disorders
Newman Community Service Chair
Women's Club Basketball Safety Officer
Alpha Phi Omega member
OU Habitat for Humanity member