[Mathregionals] Revision of MATH 2500

Todd Young youngt at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:37:39 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We wish to start including some computational aspects to MATH 2500, at
least at the
level of Excel.

Currently in Athens we are using the book:

Johnson and Bhattacharyya. Statistics: Principles and Methods. Edition:
7th. Publisher: Wiley. This textbook is also available, as an e-book, from
the publisher. [ISBN: 9780470904114].

We are teaching it as 4 lecture hours, but would be interested in converting
one hour of lecture into a lab. We are also looking into adding a OHIO
Honors
component to the class. Our hope is to make 2500 more relevant and
attract some of the audience back into the class.

Do any of you have experience and/or interest in implementing something
like this?

cheers,
Todd

Todd Young, Professor
Dept. of Mathematics, Ohio University
co-Editor-in-Chief `Dynamical Systems'
Morton Hall 547             740-593-1277
Spring 2019 Office Hours:
MT 10-11,  F  9-10

“If you stop at general math, you’re only going to make general math
money.” - Snoop Dogg