[Latino Student Union OU] Minutes 1-12-11

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 12 21:22:18 EST 2011

Latino Student Union

January 12th, 2011

  1.  Call to order at 8:40 p.m.

  2.  Attendance

     *   Erika Rodriguez, Gabi Botura, Jen Reed, Hector Bustamante, Yesenia Carreon, Ashley Martinez, Mike Justiniano, Sebastian Osorio, Antonio Moore, Sandhya, Delianny Almonte, Amber Skorpenske

  3.  Officer Reports

     *   President

     *   Vice President

        *   Mike got times for a room in Baker, he will give it to Sebastian.

     *   Treasurer

        *   Hector and Delianny gave a speech for reasons why they should be treasurer of LSU.

        *   The new treasurer is Hector Bustamante.

     *   Secretary

        *   Add Yesenia and Amber to the list serve.

  4.  Old business

     *   T-shirts arrived

     *   Recruitment

        *   Mass invitation on Facebook

        *   Advertise on College gate.

           *   Put up a banner.

           *   It is free to reserve.

        *   Print out fliers.

           *   Delianny will make the fliers

        *   Attend meetings and get involved with other organizations like BSU

        *   Let people know you don't have to be Latino to join.

     *   Selling hot chocolate or apple cider in Baker

        *   We would sell it from 8a.m.-12p.m.

        *   We will have marshmallows.

  5.  New business

     *   Save the children

     *   Game show- fundraiser for save the children.

        *   Walter rotunda costs around $150

           *   Mike and Delianny will find out how much the Baker theater is.

        *   We need a letter to give to businesses to donate.

     *   BSU student org fair

        *   Thursday January 20th

        *   We need to be there by 5:15 with a power point about meeting times.

        *   We will also need a presentation

           *   The performance could be couples dancing

           *   Could be a skit about someone not Latino joining Latino Student Union.

           *   Delianny, Antonio, Gabi

     *   Salsa dancing lessons

           *   We need to fill out a SAC pack and advertise if we want to do it by week 8 or 9.

           *   Mike will check out if he can book the multipurpose room in Baker.

           *   The date will be Wednesday

     *   Cinco De Mayo

        *   A more lively/fun speaker that gets people involved.

        *   Jen knows two or three speakers that could be possibilities and will send information about them to Erika or Sebastian.

  6.  Discussion

  7.  Meeting adjourned at 9:20p.m.