[Geogwaste] new publications

Whitson, Risa whitson at ohio.edu
Sun Nov 13 10:42:44 EST 2011

Hi all,
I want to thank David for sending out information on his publications and making good use of our GEOGWASTE listserv!  I would like to encourage others to do so as well.  I will also share two recent publications, one by myself and one by Ruth Lane (another member of our listserv).

Lane, Ruth. 2011. "The waste commons in an emerging resource recovery waste regime: Contesting property and value in Melbourne's hard rubbish collections." Geographical Research 49(4):395-407.

Whitson, Risa. 2011. "Negotiating Place and Value: Geographies of Scavenging and Waste in Buenos Aires." Antipode 43(4):1404-1433.

I look forward to hearing about other publications and hopefully seeing many of you in New York!
Risa

Dr. Risa Whitson
Associate Professor
Department of Geography and Program of Women's and Gender Studies
Ohio University
110 Clippinger Labs
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-1144