[Emeritiassoc] FW: Please let the Emeriti Association--2/4/11

Weckman, George weckman at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:42:06 EST 2011

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Schey, Dorothy" <schey at ohio.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:01:50 -0500
To: George Weckman <weckman at ohio.edu>
Subject: Please let the Emeriti Association--2/4/11

Please join us in celebrating the 30th anniversary of Ohio University’s prestigious 1804 Fund on Friday, February 4, 2011. We are honoring the hundreds of recipients and their contributions to both the university and their disciplines.

The 1804 Fund, an internal grant program, was established by the Ohio University Foundation Board of Trustees in 1980 after a generous gift by C. Paul Stocker (‘26), an electrical engineer, inventor, and co-founder of Lorain Products Corporation (f. 1936). The Fund supports the university’s core mission of maintaining, strengthening, and enhancing a learning-centered community. Such a community values and develops the teaching, learning, research or scholarly activities of all its members. By its nature, the community promotes collaboration among units and interdisciplinary explorations and innovations. The 1804 Fund focuses its support on student and faculty learning through two fund categories, Undergraduate Learning and Faculty Research & Graduate Studies.

We hope that you will take the opportunity to not only celebrate the accomplishments of your Ohio University colleagues over the last thirty years but also to learn about a variety of projects that have received funding from The 1804 Fund internal grant program. We invite you to browse The 1804 Fund 30th Anniversary Exhibit in Walter Hall’s Governance Room on Friday, February 2011 from 10:30am to Noon and talk with past recipients aswell as the most recent recipients

Dorothy Relyea Schey
Director of Development
Special Fund Raising Initiatives
Ohio University
208 McGuffey Hall
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4556
740-593-1432 fax
schey at ohio.edu

Women in Philanthropy of Ohio University
www.ohio.edu/development/women <http://www.ohio.edu/development/women>

1804 Fund
This prestigious internal grant program is an OU priority initiative.
2010-2011 is the 30th Anniversary!
http://www.ohio.edu/development/wheretogive/initiatives.cfm

------ End of Forwarded Message