[DU-L] Recruitment Plan and Assistance

Matt Eroskey meroskey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:37:46 EST 2011

Brothers,

I realize it's been a little while since my last email. Having been
occupied in Phoenix I haven't had too much time to devote to getting as
much work done as I would like. As such, I would humbly request that those
of you who do find themselves with a little more free-time please assist me
with a few tasks I still need to complete before the next quarter starts.
As I mentioned previously I would like to hit the ground running this
winter quarter and have finished my basic recruitment plan heavily based
off of the one our wonderful proctor Dave Foster provided me (attached). I
understand that it is quite the read, but I strongly encourage you all to
look it over and contact me about anything that you feel needs to be
changed (typos, ideas, events, etc). This is extremely important because it
is my hopes that we will then be using this as a template for the upcoming
quarters and semesters.

This being said I still have tasks that need to be completed that I simply
can not do all on my own. In this email I hope to list a majority of the
tasks that will require assistance from some some of you and that you will
reply with which ones you would prefer to work on with me. I can't stress
enough that if these things don't get done then our rush process and
recruitment plans will be taking a severe blow which we can not afford to
risk at this point in time. Because of the importance that this fraternity
holds for me and because I feel we all share these feelings I am requiring
that people respond no later than December 26th. This gives you a few days
to think about what you wish to do, but if I can't find enough assistance
before then I will be forced to assign people tasks.

*This is your only chance to volunteer to help me. Sign up for something
you think you would like to do/ are capable of doing easily, or risk being
tasked with something else later.*

Things that I still need help with:

- Getting time in Baker to do table sessions (preferably Monday and either
one or two other days in the week)
     -I believe this can only be done through Event Services meaning as of
right now Brothers Jon, Steve, Stuart, Zach, and Phil are the only people
capable of doing this for me.

- Designing flyers for our Rush Events (Pizza party, MW3 tournament,
Highlighter party)

- Generating an initial nameslist based off Recruitment Plan (attached)

- Contacting a Sorority to assist us with Highlighter Party and other
recruitment events

- Planning other brotherhood events throughout the quarter that we can
continue to invite potential members to, in hopes they will join the
following quarter/semester.

If I think of anything else I will need assistance with I will be sure to
send out a follow up email as well as a message via groupme. Also, for
those curious about the state of our video game tournament, it has been
decided that there will be an entry fee and the money generated will all be
going straight to our supported charity. If you could all contact me and
let me know a fair price to charge per person/team I would be greatly
appreciative. Right now my ball-park idea is $3-5 per person. Let's be sure
to make this winter quarter's rush the best one yet!

Fraternally Yours,
Matt Eroskey