[DU-L] FW: Federal Tax Requirement for Your Chapter

Leuck, Phillip pl240607 at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 7 20:48:44 EDT 2010

________________________________
From: Zach Thomas [Thomas at deltau.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:23 PM
Cc: Ian Areces; Cyril Wood; Matt Tokarz; Laura Whitney
Subject: Federal Tax Requirement for Your Chapter

Greetings,

I wanted to touch base and remind each of you that there’s an upcoming deadline for filing your form 990 with the IRS. This is a requirement both by law and per our administrative requirements for each and every chapter.

The deadline for filing is Nov. 15, but I cannot stress the importance of filing as soon as possible. For more information on tax-exempt organizations, visit http://www.irs.gov/eo. Filing is quick and easy, and you can get more information on filing at http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=108211,00.html.

You are also required to submit to our office proof of filing. You can do this on our new website by logging in and visiting our administrative reporting section: http://deltau.org/membersresources/reporting/taxes.

The chapter will receive credit toward the CEP for providing proof to our office. Failing to file, however, may result in loss of your tax-exempt status as well as an administrative probation with the Fraternity.

If there are any questions that I can answer, or if you need more information regarding your chapter EIN (tax ID) or the Fraternity’s group identification number, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 317-875-8900.

Thanks and take care,

Zach Thomas
Communications Consultant
Delta Upsilon Fraternity: Building Better Men
8705 Founders Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
W: 317-875-8900 ext. 207
M: 407-484-1498