[DU-L] FW: Important: Missing Tax Information from Ohio

Leuck, Phillip pl240607 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:04:43 EDT 2010

________________________________
From: Zach Thomas [Thomas at deltau.org]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 12:56 PM
To: Leibreich, Ryan; Seders, Patrick
Cc: Leuck, Phillip; 'ohiomulligans at yahoo.com'; 'ngibbs at OmegaFi.com'; 'rabel2 at columbus.rr.com'
Subject: Important: Missing Tax Information from Ohio

Greetings,

I wanted to touch base with you about the Ohio Chapter’s tax-exempt status. Hopefully you’ve had a chance to read through the emails I’ve sent out over the past two months about filing with the IRS. If not, I just to reiterate, it is required both by the IRS and the Fraternity that every chapter file their form 990 annually.

For the Ohio Chapter we currently do not have an EIN or identification number that is assigned by the IRS on record, nor do we have the undergraduate chapter listed as a subordinate. If the chapter has an EIN, please let me know so that we can have you added to our roster as a subordinate. If not, you can obtain one online by visiting http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98350,00.html and applying online or mailing in your SS-4 form found here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf. You can find out more information about tax-exempt organizations at http://www.irs.gov/eo.

Again, this is an administrative requirement by the Fraternity as well as the federal government for all not-for-profit organizations. Any chapter failing to file by the November 15 deadline will be placed on administrative probation with the Fraternity.

If you have any questions whatsoever please do not hesitate to let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and take care,

Zach Thomas
Communications Consultant
Delta Upsilon Fraternity: Building Better Men
8705 Founders Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
W: 317-875-8900 ext. 207
M: 407-484-1498