[OU Dems] OUCD Week 5 Minutes!

Miller, Samantha sm754914 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:34:50 EST 2017

Happy Week 5! We have survived the first third of the semester! May we all channel our inner post-presidential Barrack to get us through.

[cid:image001.png at 01D28210.1ED8FBB0]

Wednesday 2/08 – We’ll be attending the lecture “Drawing Together Latinos in US History” tonight at 7:30 in the Multicultural Center. It’ll be a great time!

Thursday 2/09 -  Come call and write our members of Congress! We’ll be making that hotline bling @ 3 p.m. in Bentley 135

Thursday 2/09 -  The Athens County Democratic Party Central Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. on the 3rd floor of the City Building. If you want to get involved in the county party be sure to attend.

Friday 2/10 - We're having a pancake fundraiser on Court Street from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday night! We are asking everyone to either donate items or some time to help us out. If interested, text Ashley Fishwick (513-410-0817) for more info.

Saturday 2/11 – We will be sponsoring two tables at Harlem Nights put on by the Black Student Union to celebrate the Harlem Renaissance. We have 2 seats still available! Text Sam if you want to attend. Dress code is business casual. It will be at 7 p.m. in Walter Rotunda. (We'll cover your costs so you can have a free seat!)

ROUND TABLE:

Safe and Sexy! – Thursday POWERGAMMA will host their annual Safe & Sexy event. It will promote safe sex, self-love and so much more. Stop by between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on the third floor of Baker Center.

Protesters Court Date! – Go support the students arrested during the Anti-Trump sit in by attending their court date Thursday at 8:30 a.m. at the Athens Courthouse! Show solidarity with not only the protesters but the people directly affected by Trump’s immigration ban.

Meet your new state senator! -  This Thursday your state senator Frank Hoagland will be having an open forum in Nelsonville from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Hold him accountable!

As always, reach out to a member of the executive board if you need anything!

2016-17 Executive Board

Sam Miller, President
(740)415-5318<tel:%28740%29415-5318>     sm754914 at ohio.edu<mailto:sm754914 at ohio.edu>

Anthony Eliopoulos, Vice President