[OU Dems] Minutes Week 13

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 22:56:21 EDT 2014

Happy week 13 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Sunday 4/13: It's Athens Beautification day! Registration is at 11:30am (College Green) and speeches start at 1230. To sign up go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/athens-beautification-day-tickets-8685254831 and where it says registering as a student, fill in College Democrats in the box.

Monday 4/14: We are doing a food collection for Good Works at 5:30 and at Riverpark. Meet in the building with the glass atrium. Please bring any bags you have so we can collect the items and then deliver them to the Timothy House.

Updates:

Summer Dinner will be held sometime between April 25-27 and more details are to come so keep that in mind.

Check the bottom of the minutes for the superlative ballot. Please print it off, fill it out, and turn it in as soon as possible!

Roundtable:

Early vote has started!!! Since we WON'T be here on election day, it is important that we vote before we leave! Go to the Board of Elections (15 S. Court across from Big Mamas) to vote!!!

Wednesday 4/9: ACRN is hosting Break Stuff Fest from 11:00am-3:30pm in Howard Park (Right next to Voigt Hall/across from Mem Aud) for only $1! You'll be breaking old ACRN Station Equipment and proceeds benefit ACRN's Lobsterfest!

Wednesday 4/9: Flavor of the week is in the Front Room from 12pm(noon)-2pm. This weeks  flavor is a tomato!

Wednesday 4/9: Fuck Rape Culture is having their meeting at 6pm in the women's center. They are planning for the last week of classes and if you want to get involved next year, you should go to the meeting and have lots of fun!

April 24-26: ACRN is hosting Lobster Fest (A music thing)! The list of locations and performers can be found at http://web4acrn.wix.com/acrn#!acrn-calendar/cu27

If you are looking for an internship this summer or other information listed, contact Caitlin Roberts about any of the following:

Columbus area: State House working for State Representative, ODP looking for fellows for Women's caucus.

Cincinnati: Connie Pillich is looking for interns for her campaign for Ohio Treasurer.

Healthcare press conference: If you as a student we not covered under your parents healthcare plan and then got back on it after the Affordable Care Act passed.

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: