[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/8

Roberts, Caitlin cr156409 at ohio.edu
Thu May 10 11:56:46 EDT 2012

Happy Week 7 Everyone! Here are your minutes from this week's meeting:

Events:

There will be a Students for Obama table Wednesday from 1 to 5 p.m. at the top of Baker!

Our next softball game is Wednesday at 4:30 at Mill Street Fields! Sign up on imleagues if you haven't yet and would like to play!

Spring Dinner for the Athens County Democratic Party is Thursday at the American Legion. We need people to help set up from 12 to 4 and also serve food at the dinner.  Rides will be provided!

Relay for Life is this Friday!!! The event starts at 5 p.m. and goes until 11 a.m. Saturday morning. It will be held at Pruitt Field (behind the Convo). Register for our Relay team at http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/?team_id=1156421&pg=team&fr_id=40183 Let me know if you have any questions!

We will have a Dorm Storm and Canned Food Drive this Sunday at 3 p.m. Meet us at Riverpark Apartments if you want to help out!

Summer Dinner, our biggest fundraiser, will be on May 21st from 5 to 7 p.m. and Yvette McGee-Brown will be there!! We will need people to help out before, during, and after the event and Lui Lui's will be catering!

Updates:

If you are planning on going to D.C. Memorial Day weekend and haven't turned in your first deposit yet, Marika needs your $40 ASAP!

Sweatshirts have been ordered and will be arriving soon! Talk to Nicole if you would still like to buy one for the low price of $15!

We have over $1400 raised for Relay for Life, thank you to everyone who has helped with fundraising!!! Also, thank you to Jack Obora for sharing why he Relays this week!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Bolanle Ogundapo!

Round Table:

Happy Birthday to both Alake Malik and LJ Cohen!

This week is HIV Awareness Week! There will be a Panel Discussion on Wednesday from 4-6 and HIV testing on the 2nd floor of Baker Thursday from 12-4.

Thank you to everyone who attend the Obama Rally on Saturday and also to those who volunteered at it!

There is a link for a free Young Americans for Obama bumper sticker on our Facebook page!

If you would like to be a Dorm Captain, talk to Nick Tuell! This also includes people living off-campus in apartment complexes, Greek houses, etc.

Have an awesome Week 7!!!

--

Caitlin Roberts

(614) 893-5395