[OU Dems] dems minutes 1/12

Gammella, Ashley ag730406 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 13 12:10:33 EST 2010

Hello Dems! In case you missed it!
Ohio Democratic Party did a wonderful presentation about becoming a Neighborhood Organizer. This means that you would be working to get our community excited and blue for 2010! If you have any questions about the program or doing a potential Knock Out Event, e-mail the Southeast Regional Field Coordinator Lelani Bonnell at leilani at ohiodems.org<mailto:leilani at ohiodems.org> or The Youth Caucus Director Scott Surovjak at scott.surovjak at ohiodems.org<mailto:scott.surovjak at ohiodems.org>
Date Auction- Committee meeting this Thursday at 8pm in the Front Room of Baker! Come help out! If you need letters to take to businesses, questionnaires, or want to sign up to be auctioned e-mail Kellie Galan kg759806 at ohio.edu<mailto:kg759806 at ohio.edu> or myself at ag730406 at ohio.edu

Martin Luther King Day Food Drive- This Monday on MLK day, we will be hosting a food drive to benefit Goodworks. We will begin at 7pm and collect food in Riverpark.  The headquarters will be out of Building 33, Room 111, at Chris Mullen’s lovely place! Help support this awesome cause!
Relay- If you have any fundraising ideas for this quarter, e-mail me and let me know! Ag730406 at ohio.edu<mailto:Ag730406 at ohio.edu>
Elections- Elections for our executive board will happen this quarter week 8.  If you were considering running, talk to a member on exec to find out what we do!
Congrats to our Dem of the Week- Michaela Meaney!!
ROUND TABLE:
Friday in the Front Room at 830pm Section 8 and the Tempo Tantrums will be performing. Check them out!
Diversity Office Seminar in May- If you would like to submit any work/materials they are due soon! For more info visit the diversity office page on Ohio’s site.
Rock for Kids Sake- This Saturday at 8pm at Jackie O’s, the event raises money for Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
MLK events- There will be a panel discussion on Thursday about Southeast Ohio. For more info check out the links on Ohio’s site.
Reuben will be doing standup comedy at the Union on Feb 12th. More info to come!

Have a great week!
Ashley
Liz Clark (President) 440-725-1522   lizclark10 at gmail.com
Kellie Galan (Vice President) 330-268-0777    kg759806 at ohio.edu