[OU Dems] dems minutes 1/5

Gammella, Ashley ag730406 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 6 11:31:20 EST 2010

Welcome back dems! In case you missed it…
Winter quarter preview- We have lots going on this quarter! Please join us for our 3 part film series, date auction, relay for life fundraising, and philanthropy opportunities!
Elections- Executive board elections are at the end of winter quarter! To run for a position you must meet the membership requirements!
Philanthropy- Chris Mullen (chrismullen05 at gmail.com<mailto:chrismullen05 at gmail.com>) is taking suggestions for service ideas, yet we will definitely be doing work to help food banks, who are at a shortage. A food drive is planned for Martin Luther King Day, so mark your calendars!
Date Auction- This is a huge fundraiser for us and for Relay for Life. If you have not already decided to be auctioned off, please consider it because it’s a lot of fun and helps a lot of people!  The actual event is Thursday February 11th.  A committee meeting is being held to help plan this event this Thursday Jan 7th, at 8pm in the Front Room. Come help out!
This quarter we will also be playing volleyball at Ping! Get ready to dig, spike, and serve!
Film series- Chris Mullen  (chrismullen05 at gmail.com<mailto:chrismullen05 at gmail.com>) is taking suggestions for films  to be a shown in a 3 part film series that will begin Sunday Feb 21st .
Knock Out Event- Next meeting the Ohio Democratic Party will be presenting part of their Knock Out Plan to win elections, so make sure you come check it out!
Relay Fundraising- If you guys have any sweet ideas to help raise money for Relay for Life, please feel free to e-mail me at ag730406 at ohio.edu<mailto:ag730406 at ohio.edu>
Party- We will be having a social this Saturday at 9pm at 14 Hocking. Hope to see everyone there!
ROUNDTABLE
If you have not purchased a Dems tee shirt yet, we still have some! They look great and are ideal to wear to events.
Empower- Will be hosting a beer tasting on Sat Jan 23rd (dads weekend). Try a variety of brews for just $15 while helping a good cause!
Lost Flamingo Company- Holding auditions today and Thursday from 7-9pm on the 2nd floor of Baker by the conference rooms.

Have a great week!
Ashley

Liz Clark (President) 440-725-1522   lizclark10 at gmail.com
Kellie Galan (Vice President) 330-268-0777    kg759806 at ohio.edu