[OU Dems] dems minutes 2/2

Gammella, Ashley ag730406 at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 2 21:57:06 EST 2010

Hello Dems! In case you missed it…
Athens City Law Director Pat Lang stopped by to talk about representing your precinct on the Central Committee.  There are several seats open in different student precincts. If you would like your name on the ballot or have questions contact Pat Lang for more info at Patrick.lang at gmail.com<mailto:Patrick.lang at gmail.com>
Phone bank for State Rep. Debbie Phillips- This Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm and Saturday 11-1pm at Chris Mullen’s apartment, Riverpark Building 33, room 111.  Show your support, it will be easy!
Volleyball- At Ping, Area B Wednesday night at 10:15. Arrive at 10pm to check in, and make sure all piercings are removed and you have your OU ID!
Membership- If you have any questions about your membership especially with voting/ running in the election contact Meredith at meredith.c.tucker at gmail.com.
Relay- You guys are doing great! Please sign up for the Relay team this week. It takes two seconds!
Go to relayforlife.org/ou, click sign up, click join a team, enter our team name “Trotting Donkeys”, click search for team, then click JOIN! Enter your personal info and your done!
Date Auction- The actual event is next Thursday, February 11th at 8pm Baker Ballroom (there will be set up opportunities available throughout the day). Committee meeting will be this Thursday (last one!) at 8pm in Baker 235. This Friday there will be a decoration making meeting from 4-7pm at Kellies house (13 Fern St, by the Import House)
Flyering- Monday 8pm in Front Room. Last chance to advertise for Date Auction!
Congrats to our Dem of the Week-Paige!!!
Remember Dems is tech savvy and we have a twitter (ou college dems) and a blog (on blogger.com -ou college dems) There are also internship opportunities listed on Facebook. If you are interested in writing for the blog, or any other social media that is dems related contact Liz Clark (lizclark10 at gmail.com) or Chris Mullen (cm679000 at ohio.edu )
ROUNDTABLE
Vagina Monologues- Feb 5/7 8pm, Feb 6th 3pm. $5 and all proceeds benefit My Sister’s Place and women in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
WE WON BEST STUDENT ORGANIZATION!
We will be doing UCM Saturday Lunches Feb 20th and 27th from 1130-3.
This Saturday watch the women’s basketball team play at the Convo 2pm. It’s themed think pink this week for breast cancer.
Feb 13th- Reuben will be doing standup comedy at Pyramids!
OU Math Club- Providing free tutoring for 100-300 level courses, Sundays in Baker 231, 4-6pm.
Have a great week!
Ashley
Liz Clark (President) 440-725-1522   lizclark10 at gmail.com
Kellie Galan (Vice President) 330-268-0777    kg759806 at ohio.edu