[Dcoualumni] Upcoming Events: Nation's Capital Chapter

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:57:20 EST 2017

Good morning Bobcats!

Thank you to everyone who donated to the Sock Drive last week! We collected
111 pairs of socks (42 more than last year!) for Thrive DC. Special thanks
to Karen Hartman for coordinating!

We have some great opportunities to connect with fellow and future Bobcats
still to come this month!

*This week:*

   - *Washington Policy Forum 2017: The 1st 100 Days, Thursday, February
   16, 5:30PM @ U.S. Capitol Visitor Center. *Join us for the 2017
   Washington Policy Forum, which will include a panel discussion based on the
   first month of the presidency and will look ahead at the remainder of the
   first 100 days. Register for the event at this link
   <http://engage.ohio.edu/site/Calendar?id=101482&view=Detail>. Find event
   information on the Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/373301809688631/>.

*Next week:*

   - *2nd Annual Charles Hart Middle School College Fair, Friday, February
   24, 9:00AM-12:00PM. *OHIO alumni in the Washington, D.C. region have the
   opportunity to introduce students to the amazing and endless opportunities
   that await them at fine institutions of higher learning such as Ohio
   University. This is your chance to instill your enthusiasm for OHIO into
   potential future Bobcats!

   We still need volunteers for this event, so please contact John Moore at
   johntmoore at hotmail.com by Tuesday, Feb. 21 if you are interested! Check
   out the Facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/577516645781088/>
   for details.

Our quarterly Board meeting will be held in early March and we will be in
touch soon with more information! Please reach out if you are interested in
joining the Board.

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>
Like the Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter>