[Dcoualumni] February 2016: Nation's Capital Chapter Update

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:09:54 EST 2017

Happy Wednesday, Bobcats!

I hope your February is off to a great start. We have some exciting events
coming up this month and hope to see you there (including a game watch and
charity drive next week!).

*February Events*

   - *Ohio Basketball Game Watch and Sock Drive, Tuesday February 7, 7:00PM
   @ Crystal City Sports Pub. *We’re pairing up with Central Michigan
   University for a Sock Drive for the Homeless! Socks are the #1 requested
   item by homeless shelters. You can help: bring a pack of new, men’s white
   socks to the Feb. 7 basketball game watch at Crystal City Sports Pub. We
   will be donating the socks to Thrive DC, an organization that serves
   200-230 people/day (around 2,000 unique individuals/year).

   We will also hold raffles for lunch/dinner for 2 at Great Lakes Brewing
   Co. as well as some OU sweatshirts. Proceeds from the raffles will be used
   to support the sock drive. Let’s do our part to bring some warmth to our
   community this winter! Find event information on the Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/630352860493110/>.

   - *Washington Policy Forum 2017: The 1st 100 Days, Thursday, February
   16, 5:30PM @ U.S. Capitol Visitor Center. *Join us for the 2017
   Washington Policy Forum, which will include a panel discussion based on the
   first month of the presidency and will look ahead at the remainder of the
   first 100 days. Register for the event at this link
   <http://engage.ohio.edu/site/Calendar?id=101482&view=Detail>. Find event
   information on the Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/373301809688631/>.

Our quarterly Board meeting will be held in early March and we will be in
touch soon with more information! Please reach out if you are interested in
joining the Board!

Please feel free to reach out with questions!

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>
Like the Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter>