[CPN] Can we implement the PhyloCode immediately?

Michel LAURIN michel.laurin at upmc.fr
Sun Sep 9 14:15:42 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I also like very much this proposal. The Companion Volume is
progressing, but slowly, judging that only one of my dozen proposed
contributions has made it to acceptance, so far (after eight years!).

On a technical note, however, I think that this would require approval
of both the CPN (for the modifications of the codes) and the Council
(as it involves a decision that the ISPN must make). I also know that
the three editors are rather against this, but this should really be
decided by our committees, not solely by three editors.

So, one of us who is on the Council should make a former proposal.
Kevin (Padian), do you want to do it? If not, I can do it.

Cheers,

Michel