[Counselor_Educ] Research Opportunity: Imposter Syndrome Call for Participants

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Thu May 16 17:42:32 EDT 2024

Greetings all. Counseling students who identify as a first generation masters or doctoral student are eligible to participate in the below research opportunity.

From: Timothy Eng <Timothy.Eng at ucf.edu>
.
Good afternoon Dr. Foreman,

My name is Timothy Eng and I am a doctoral candidate in the Counselor Education and Supervision PhD program at the University of Central Florida (UCF).  I am reaching out with excitement in hopes you can assist me with data collection by sharing my study information with your students and professional network. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact. More information is as follows:

I am conducting a research study on first-generation masters and doctoral students who are currently enrolled in counselor education programs (i.e. school, clinical mental health, marriage and family therapy, addiction, student affairs, counselor education and supervision). The purpose of my study is to learn more about the impact of student’s wellness and academic resilience on the level of imposter syndrome of first-generation graduate counseling students.

As a participant in this study, you would be asked to:
·         Complete a brief anonymous survey containing your demographic information, and self-reported experiences with imposter syndrome, academic resilience, and wellness.
·         Your participation would take no more than 20 minutes to complete a one-time survey
·         Your participation is completely voluntary. You may receive a $2 Dunkin’ Donuts electronic gift card after you complete the full survey. The gift card will be emailed to you between the time you complete the survey and the end of July 2024.

To qualify for this study, you must be:
1.      Be at least 18 years of age AND,
2.      Identify as a first-generation masters or doctoral student (for the purpose of this study, first-generation graduate student is defined as a student for whom neither parent nor legal guardian completed a bachelor’s degree) AND,
3.      Must be enrolled in a counselor education program of study (i.e. school, clinical mental health, marriage and family therapy, addiction, student affairs, counselor education and supervision) in the United States.

To participate in this research study, please click the following link https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2bJeaxuS8abLcSq or scan here:
[Image removed by sender.]
For more information about this study please email: Timothy Eng, at timothy.eng at ucf.edu<mailto:timothy.eng at ucf.edu>, or Dr. M. Ann Shillingford at dr-s at ucf.edu<mailto:dr-s at ucf.edu>, Department of Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Central Florida. Your participation and input are greatly appreciated!

Thank you and take care,

Timothy Eng, M.S.
Doctoral Candidate
Counselor Education & School Psychology
College of Community Innovation & Education
University of Central Florida