[Counselor_Educ] Invitation to participate in Research

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Wed May 15 13:14:57 EDT 2024

Hello All. Please see below for an opportunity to participate in research 😊
From: Paul, Dinisha <Dinisha.Paul at rockets.utoledo.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 at 3:48 PM
To: Foreman, Tamarine <foremant at ohio.edu>
Subject: [External] Invitation to participate in the validation study of the Principles of Adult Learning Scale
Use caution with links and attachments.
Dear, Dr. Tamarine Foreman
My name is Dinisha Paul, and I am a doctoral candidate in Counselor Education and Supervision at the University of Toledo. As part of my dissertation, I am seeking participants for my research entitled, The Validation of The Principles of Adult Learning Scale Using Rasch Analysis. This study has been approved by the University of Toledo’s Institutional Review Board and is under the supervision of my dissertation chair and primary investigator, Dr. John Laux (john.laux at utoledo.edu<mailto:john.laux at utoledo.edu>).
The purpose of the study is to improve the validity and reliability of the Principles of Adult Learning Scale (PALS) using Rasch Analysis. The study also aims to understand if items in PALS are biased based on demographic group differences. Recommendations for modifications to the instrument will be made to promote culturally responsive assessment in teaching.
This invitation to participate is extended to all
Counselor educators,
Counselor education doctoral students,
Adjunct instructors, part-time instructors, or
Other instructors
who completed or are currently enrolled in a CACREP accredited CE&S program.

Any level of teaching experience in CE&S program is welcomed. To qualify for this study, the participant must have taught at least one course in a CACREP accredited CE&S program.
Please consider participating and forwarding this study link<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Futoledo.questionpro.com%2FPALSvalidation&data=05%7C02%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Ce316696b821142ae84af08dc75028c01%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638513900992697714%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=iuPpOy5PRW51PxeEHJZ1La9Lc8FkO7sYSkDxy%2F94ESA%3D&reserved=0> to faculty and students that meet the inclusion criteria for this study. Your assistance in helping me reach a diverse group of participants is greatly appreciated.
 This is the first of three emails to solicit your participation. We will reach back out to you again in two weeks and then again two weeks thereafter.
If you agree to participate in the study, you will be asked to complete a demographic questionnaire and the PALS questionnaire that assesses teaching styles of educators on a degree of learner centeredness to teacher centeredness. In total, this research study will take about 20 to 25 minutes to complete. You will not be asked to provide any identifying information. You may discontinue participation at any point without any penalty or loss of benefits.
If you have any questions about the study, you may contact Dinisha Paul by email at dinisha.paul at rockets.utoledo.edu<mailto:dinisha.paul at rockets.utoledo.edu> or Dr. John Laux at john.laux at utoledo.edu<mailto:john.laux at utoledo.edu>.
If you are eligible and would like to participate, please follow the link below to be directed to the informed consent information and to then access the online survey:
https://utoledo.questionpro.com/PALSvalidation<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Futoledo.questionpro.com%2FPALSvalidation&data=05%7C02%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Ce316696b821142ae84af08dc75028c01%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638513900992697714%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=iuPpOy5PRW51PxeEHJZ1La9Lc8FkO7sYSkDxy%2F94ESA%3D&reserved=0>
This study has been approved by University of Toledo’s Institutional Review Board (#302044)
 Thank you for your consideration and support,

Dinisha Paul, MS, Eds, LPCC (OH), NCC (she/her)
Doctoral Candidate | Counselor Education & Supervision

AARC| Graduate Student Representative

Email: Dinisha.paul at rockets.utoledo.edu