[Counselor_Educ] Assistant Professor in School Counseling (tenure-track)

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 18 11:02:14 EDT 2023

Hello all. Please see the attached job posting 😊

From: Luis Tosado <luistosa at buffalo.edu>
Date: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 1:23 AM
To: Foreman, Tamarine <foremant at ohio.edu>
Subject: [External] UB: Assistant Professor in School Counseling (tenure-track)
Use caution with links and attachments.

Dear Dr. Tamarine Foreman,

I hope you are well! The University at Buffalo’s Graduate School of Education has an opening for an Assistant Professor in School Counseling (tenure-track) for fall 2024. I hope that you will share this position with colleagues, doctoral students, and post-docs entering the job market.

Building on departmental expertise in social emotional learning, mindfulness, trauma-informed practice, and anti-bullying scholarship, the School Counseling Program in the Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology at the University at Buffalo is seeking colleagues whose research and teaching interests intersect with one of the following (or related) areas: (a) Transforming systems and structures within schools and society to ensure the health and well-being of minoritized youth and their families; (b) Examining resistance and resilience in the success and engagement of minoritized youth; and (c) Exploring the role of school counselors as change agents, advocates, and allies for students and families.

The job posting is attached. Applications can be submitted a https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/45093. The position begins August 2024. For full consideration, please submit your materials by October 1, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.

I know much needs to be done to strengthen the commitment of School Counseling to diversity and inclusion. Our program is sincerely committed to building our capacity to make an important contribution.
Feel free to contact me with any questions at luistosa at buffalo.edu<mailto:luistosa at buffalo.edu> or 716-645-1111.
Sincerely,
Tony

Dr. Luis Antonio (Tony) Tosado II
Clinical Associate Professor & Program Director, School Counseling
Graduate School of Education
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
407 Baldy Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260-1000
Tel: (716) 645-1111 Fax: (716) 645-6616
luistosa at buffalo.edu<mailto:luistosa at buffalo.edu>
(716) 645-1111

Luis Antonio Tosado II (Tony),  Ph.D., NCC, NCSC
Clinical Associate Professor and Program Director, School Counseling
Counseling, School & Educational Psychology
407 Baldy Hall
The State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-1000
Phone:716-645-1111
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.,