[Biking-L] Trail Conditions

Meredith Erlewine mer at athensbicycle.com
Mon Feb 16 21:10:36 EST 2009

Hi all,

Katsu is right -- the trails are in a bad way. Recent storms have done
significant damage to trails at nearby Strouds Run State Park (and
Sells Park). Downed trees, uprooted briars, and sticks and branches
cover most of the trails, making them relatively impassable.

Please consider volunteering what would normally be your Sunday riding
time to help fix some of the damage.

Members of Athens Bicycle Club, Friends of Strouds Run State Park and
Athens Trails will host a trail work session this Sunday, Feb. 22, to
start repairs. Please consider volunteering some of your weekend
recreation time to fixing our wonderful trail system.