[ASU] Update on Collins' passing

kwabena owusu-kwarteng ko899105 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 24 22:41:37 EST 2010

Dear Friends,

This is an update of what is going on with regards to Collins' passing in
Athens, Ohio. OU has set up a fund to collect donations to help defray the
cost of sending him back to Ghana for burial.  Donations can be sent to
Residential Housing, 060 Chubb Hall, in the form of cash or check made to
"Collins' Fund."

Meanwhile, if we want to make donations to the family, please make checks
and contributions payable to Phyllis Dako-Gyeke (his wife). Such donations
will be accepted at his planned memorial in Athens.   This arrangement
replaces the one advertised in an earlier e-mail.

We are planning a memorial in Athens for the OU and Athens community. His
family is also planning a traditional ceremony in Columbus, OH.  Dates have
not yet been confirmed and we will let you know as soon as everything is
finalized.

Thanks for all your support so far and let us keep his family in our
prayers.

Thanks
Papa Kwabena Owusu-Kwarteng
On behalf of the funeral committee.